Owner / Broker
Bobby is a lifelong resident of Eastern North Carolina. He moved to Dare County and settled on Roanoke Island in 1981. He enjoys spending his spare time fishing, boating, and traveling with his wife and two daughters.
Bachelor of Science, NC State University, 1971
Real Estate Experience
- Prior to becoming a licensed broker, Bobby farmed, developed and managed farmland/timberland for European investors/insurance companies. He also served as a consultant for Hobbs International in Saudi Arabia.
- He has been Owner/Broker of Harrell & Associates, formerly Hudgins Real Estate, since 1983.
- He has been Owner/Broker of Mossy Oak Properties since 2011, with three offices in North Carolina and one in Virgina.
- Since becoming active on the Outer Banks in 1983 he has been involved in developing, owning and/or marketing over $600,000,000 of real estate. He holds experience in commercial raw land development, office, restaurant, retail, hotel/motel, single family and multi-family projects, while still being active in selling over 45,000 acres of timberland, farmland and islands.
Awards, Achievements, Service
Outer Banks Association of Realtors
- Board of Directors, 12 years, Outer Banks Association of Realtors
- Board of Directors, 4 years, North Carolina Association of Realtors
- Standing State Committees, 15 years
- Board of Governors, NC Realtors Commercial Alliance 2003-2005
- Realtor of the Year, 1997
- Past President, 1996
Additional Awards and Positions
- President Outer Banks Community Foundation 2008
- Board of Directors OBX Bank 2008 – Present
- Board of Directors NC Coastal Land Trust 2005 – 2011
- Board of Directors Outer Banks Community Foundation 2002-2008
- Life Member of Outer Banks Community Foundation
- Manteo Rotary Club President, 1988-89
- Rotarian of the Year, 2009, 2015
- District Rotarian of the Year 2015
- Outstanding Young Farmer Award, 1980
- Member of Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church
- Board of Trustees, Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church
Whether your needs are 1031 tax free exchanges, farmland/hunting property on the mainland or developing oceanfront multi-use projects, Bobby has the experience, integrity, knowledge and contacts to assist you.
Senior Associate Broker
Barbara joined the Harrell & Associates team in 1987. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Longwood College in 1970, her Sale’s license in 1986 and her Broker’s license in 1987. Her extensive real-estate experience has included rental manager, employee relocations, bank-owned properties, real estate auctions and condominiums. She is an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), a Graduate of Realtor Institute (GRI), a Recreation and Resort Specialist (RRS) and holds her Green Designation.
Barbara has been a resident of the Outer Banks since 1986. She and her husband currently reside in Kill Devil Hills. She has 4 sons, 7 grandchildren, enjoys fishing and kayaking, and is a Master Gardener.
Mark grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia but he has been on the Outer Banks for over 15 years. He attended the University of Virginia and received a Bachelor of Science in Architecture. Mark has combined his experience in architecture with real estate, using his understanding of design issues relating to vacant lots, remodeling, and existing floor plans.
Mark has won awards for best in class and peoples’ choice award during the Parade of Homes presented by The Outer Banks Home Builders Association. He has been on the planning board for the Town of Kitty Hawk, the Committee for Duck Woods Country Club, the president of the Outer Banks Triathlon club and is currently the vice chair for the local chapter of Ducks Unlimited. His personal interests include surfing, bike racing and hunting.
Mark has a unique perspective of real estate on the Outer Banks . . . he prefers to look at it from the water.
A “Green Designated Realtor”
William “Bo” Richardson joined the Harrell & Associates team in the summer of 2015. Bo earned a BS in Entrepreneurial Management from Texas Christian University in 2005 and received his Texas real estate license in 2008. While in Texas, he worked exclusively in commercial real estate leasing and management for a national corporation headquartered in Dallas, Texas. As a portfolio account manager, Bo managed all of the real estate needs for his company’s various national corporate clients. This included site selection, lease negotiation, subleasing, expansion and downsizing regarding dispositions, and renewals and relocations. Bo provided his clients with both strategic planning and transaction services for industrial, office, and retail users across the country.
As an associate broker with Harrell & Associates, Bo handles residential, commercial, and raw land deals. Bo earned his North Carolina real estate license in 2015 and he is a member of the Outer Banks Association of Realtors.
From birth, Bo vacationed in Nags Head with his family and married a Manteo native in 2011. In the spring of 2015, Bo and his wife decided to move to Roanoke Island with their two young sons, Winston and William. In addition to his work, he enjoys hunting, fishing, golfing, and spending time with his family.
Commercial & Investment Broker
Hank’s roots are firmly rooted in the sand dunes of the Outer Banks. His great, great grandfather built the first of several of the family’s oceanfront cottages in 1859. He grew up fishing and working summer jobs on Oregon Inlet charter boats before graduating from North Carolina State University.
After serving his country for more than twenty years as a Naval Officer, Hank retired and began his second career in commercial real estate. He subsequently sold his Charleston, South Carolina company and returned to the Outer Banks in order to be closer to his parents, who are summer residents of Nags Head.
- Licensed Broker since 1983
- Past President, Commercial-Investment Division, Charleston, SC Association of Realtors
- Past President, Mt. Pleasant (SC) Sertoma Club
- Past President, Manteo Rotary Club (2004-2005)
- Member, St. Andrew’s By The Sea Episcopal Church
Hank specializes in the investment analysis of income producing properties, particularly rental cottages. He is familiar with current financing methods, partnership issues and tax matters, especially deferral of taxes using IRS Section 1031 exchanges. He represents both Buyers and Sellers and has the experience and knowledge to find the optimum property to meet your investment objectives.
Shannon joined the Harrell & Associates team in 2011. Shannon holds her North Carolina Real Estate Broker’s license, and brings with her 5 years of past experience specializing in residential property management. Originally from Bertie Co., NC, she has successfully formed and maintained long term relationships with her clients by applying the small town, friendly attitude to all those she works with. She is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and is excited to bring that dedication to—both previous and prospective clients here at Harrell & Associates.
Kate joined the Harrell & Associates team in the Summer of 2014. A lifelong resident of Roanoke Island, Kate decided to move back to her home town after attending East Carolina University. With a background in customer service, she is able to work as a Commercial Property Manager to help Owner’s maximize the potential of their rental properties.
Since joining Harrell & Associates, Kate has enjoyed the opportunity to assist clients with both the sale and purchase of Residential and Commercial properties. Loving the close-knit ways of her small town and the personal interaction with lifelong neighbors, Kate applies the same friendly approach to Property Management and Sales. In her spare time Kate enjoys her dogs and riding her horse, Lady, on the beaches of Oregon Inlet.
Bryan was born and raised in Dare County. Since 1994 Bryan has been guiding clients throughout Eastern North Carolina as owner of Coastal Adventures Guide Service. This experience has garnered him expertise in; Duck Impoundments, Deer, Bear and Turkey Tracts, Timber Investment Tracts and Farm Tracts. Bryan holds a degree in Commercial Recreation and Tourism Management from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He and his family reside in Manteo.